Filter By:

Showing 25 to 48 of 87

Sort by:

Wilson’s Beach and Jetty

Wilson’s Jetty is located on Wilson’s Beach at the northern end of Victoria Avenue.

Read More

Remuera Railway Station

View a collection of historical photos of the Remuera Railway Station.

Read More

Remuera Aerial Photos

View a collection of aerial photos of Remuera.

Read More

Remuera Trams

Remuera is an example of the commercial & community centre of one of Auckland’s traditional tram suburbs.

Read More

Geography Project

Hilary Monteith was a pupil at Epsom Girls Grammar in 1956 when she completed a geography project on Remuera.

Read More

Tudor Theatre

The Tudor theatre opened in June 1926, at 333 Remuera Rd, owned by Fuller Hayward Theatres Corporation and F.G. Mumford.

Read More

Early Remuera

View a collection of historical photos of early Remuera.

Read More

St Kentigern to Sell Remuera Road campus, the Former Corran School

St Kentigern plans to sell the Remuera Road campus.

Read More

WW1 Imperial Camel Corps — List of New Zealand Names

Imperial Camel Corps New Zealand List of Names on the Imperial Camel Corps Memorial.

Read More

College Rifles History

In the year 1897 a military unit was formed, the original members of which were recruited from the Secondary Schools of Auckland.

Read More

The Gallows

The Blue Stars ran the Gallows music venue on Remuera Rd next to the fire station in 1966.

Read More

Trinity Methodist Theological College transformation to Church of Scientology

Remuera Heritage and Parnell Heritage had a joint visit to 136 Grafton Road to learn about the history, heritage restoration and recent work done to the building.

Read More

Dunholme

Dunholme was built in the 1870s by Auckland businessman Samuel Morrin on the corner of Remuera Road and what is now Ridings Road.

Read More

History of the Remuera Shops 1911 to 2016

Here you can find out about the history of some of the Remuera shops as a Story Map. 

Read More

Ellerslie Racecourse Makeover

Ellerslie racecourse has demolished the old totalisator building, retaining only the "totaliser machine" and dividends board inside. 

Read More

Skelton’s Buildings

Skelton's Building 339-345 Remuera Rd was built in 1928 for Robert Skelton.

Read More

4 Victoria Avenue

Sue Cooper and Iain Valentine of the Remuera Residents Association presented to the Orakei Local Board on 19 April 2018 about the need for a community centre in Remuera.

Read More

411-413 Remuera Road Shops

411-413 Remuera Road was first the site of the offices of the Remuera Road Board from 1902 until it merged with Auckland City Council in 1915.

Read More

385 Remuera Road

This wooden-façade shop was built about 1909 and is one of the oldest commercial buildings still standing in Remuera.

Read More

Early buildings of King’s College Remuera

King’s College was founded in The Tower, the former home of James McCosh Clark in 1896, at 258 Remuera Rd...

Read More

Cole’s Buildings

George Cole, a local real estate and land agent, owned all the buildings from 142 to 144, now 382 to 396 Remuera Road.

Read More

The Ladies College of Remuera

The Ladies College of Remuera By Rebecca Crossan.

Read More