The Remuera Returned Soldiers Social Club was founded in 1932 by Sir George Spafford Richardson, who lived at 20 Omahu Rd, Remuera.
This exhibition highlights and acknowledges the service of Remuera women, who played significant roles overseas in World War One.
In Remuera in 1844 at a now unknown location, a great feast was hosted by tangata whenua Ngāti Whātua.
This exhibition provides a glimpse into the past, the days when we made a daily or weekly trip to the local shops to buy our food supplies.
The golden age of the postcard was the Edwardian era (1901-1910). During this period postcards became a worldwide phenomena and millions were purchased and sent around the world annually.
The Remuera Railway Station is recognised as one of the most significant remaining suburban railway buildings in New Zealand. It is virtually in original condition. This exhibition is an introduction to the Station's story.
On the 9 October 2019 the Remuera Post Office finally closed its door for postal services after 105 years.