Tupuna Maunga Authority Draft Plan for 2022-23 to 2024-25 and what it means for Ōhinerau Mt Hobson
Great to see the programme for Ohinerau Mt Hobson in the Tupuna Maunga Authority plan for 2022-23 to 2024-25. You can read the whole plan here – Ōhinerau Mt Hobson is on page 47.
Substantial expenditure is planned here, following good work done on improving the walking track, the WW2 daffodil memorial and environment on Ohinerau Mt Hobson.
Let’s advocate to keep the old (mature) oak trees along Remuera Rd along with the pohutukawa.
Proposed Capital Expenditure 2022-23 to 2024-25
- $400,000 for upgrade of residential facility (11 Mt Hobson Lane)
- $270,000 to investigate development of main arrival area, car parking and toilets, and implement
- $240,000 for upgrade of toilets and visitor infrastructure
- $75,000 for facilities for sports programmes
Proposed Operational expenditure 2022-23 to 2024-25
- $26,000 p.a. for pest management, undertake animal and plant pest control
- $12,000 p.a. for annual vegetation management, including control of dutch elms (disease) and mature vegetation along Remuera Road.
- $9,000 p.a. for continuation of fire break programme to reduce risk of fire and sensitive areas
Remuera Heritage will be making a submission. In particular, we wish to retain both the mature oak and pohutukawa trees along Remuera Road. You can submit too, by supporting the RH submission. Note that the submission period does not open until 28 February 2022 at 11am and closes at 5pm on 28 March 2022. You can email to MaungaAuthority@aklc.govt.nz by 5pm on 28 March 2022. Or you can submit on the Draft Tūpuna Maunga Authority Operational Plan 2022/2023 alongside Auckland Council’s Annual Budget 2022/2023 online at www.akhaveyoursay.nz